Thursday, September 6, 2012

More Veggies? Yes Please!!

It has been a bit since I posted anything yummy.   Sorry about that, but with kids starting back to school, and trying to get back into the swing of a routine it has taken a toll on my blog.  For this I apologize, but on a happier note it hasn't affected my cooking creativity!!   I have some real yummy stuff to share with you all.  Please be patient while I get things typed up, pics uploaded and posted.

With Fall arriving soon and our garden finally giving us some awesome tomatoes, jalapeno's and carrots I have also been busy canning some yummy stuff to enjoy in the months to come.   I love canning, it saves so much money and being the control freak that I am, I get to say what is or isn't in it!!  :)  What could be better than that right?


Here are the things I have canned or frozen for later use :
FROZEN :
Green beans
Shredded & Sliced carrots
Shredded Zuchinni


CANNED :
Cherry jam Sweetened w/ agave instead of sugar :)  (we found some cherries real cheap a week or so ago)
Salsa
Garlic & Basil Tomato sauce
Zesty Bread & Butter Pickles
Zesty Bread & Butter Banana peppers

With my back not being the greatest it does take me more time to do things like canning, but I feel quite accomplished when I do get things like this done.   One look in the pantry and I breathe a sigh of accomplishment.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment