Monday, August 6, 2012

Couple of yummies!!

I thought I would start off this morning with a couple of quick, easy and very tasty recipes that I have been using lately.   I just make things up as I go along so quantities aren't always perfect and you can tweak it any way you like.   

First up is my Vegetarian Flat Bread Taco Pizza!!

I make up the taco meat/bean mixture ahead of time and store in a container in the fridge till I am ready to use it.  Since this only takes seconds to prep and just a few minutes to bake it is a very easy meal. 
I use "Morning Star Farms" Soy crumbles, 1 can of black beans (rinsed), 1 can fire roasted tomatoes w/ green chiles, 1 pkg low sodium taco seasoning.   Just heat it all up together and cook down so it is spreadable.   Spread some on a "Flat Out" original bread (these babies are only 90 calories each!!)  Top with 1/4 cup of finely shredded colby jack cheese and bake till bubbly and edges are crispy.   Top w/ shredded lettuce, extra jalapenos if you like it hot, and a little taco sauce.  (you could even have some light sour cream too)   
*My tip for sour cream is I put it in a pastry bag with a fine tip and leave it in the fridge in a sealed baggie so them you can get some all over your pizza without using too much.* 


Next up is what we had for dinner last night.  I found these very yummy (Gluten Free) sausages at our local Walmart.  They are called "Bistro Sensations".    They are a chicken sausage and come in gourmet flavors.   This one was called  "Smoked Mozzarella w/ Artichoke and garlic"  YUM!!
(the side dish is just onions and mushrooms that have been cooked and caramelized in about 1 tbsp olive oil and then green beans added and sauteed with the onion/mushroom mixture till they are just tender).  
1 sausage plus 2 cups of this green beans is 250 calories according to (CalorieCount.com) 




So there you have it.  Just a couple of the standby recipes.  You can cook these things ahead and just reheat them as needed.   Makes mealtime so much easier if you have some things prepared ahead.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment