Thursday, August 9, 2012

What's for breakfast??

What kinds of things do you eat for breakfast?  Are they full of sugary carbs?  Do you skip breakfast?  
Not everyone likes to eat a whole bunch in the morning, but as we have been told over and over that 

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"

I used to think that thought was crazy, especially since so many other people agreed with me and skipped breakfast altogether as well.   
I don't think that way anymore. I am finding that if I eat breakfast.   Especially one with plenty of protein and fiber, I definitely have more energy to get things done and don't feel quite so "foggy" in the brain early in the day.   I choose many different things for breakfast, but lately I have taken the easy way out (since I just started counting calories).  I have eaten these Smart Ones Breakfast sandwiches simply because the calories are counted, it has protein, fiber etc.  But I am sure there is way too much sodium in them.   While I appreciate the ease of being able to microwave a sandwich and get breakfast out of the way, sometimes I just want to cook breakfast.   So I will keep the prepackaged sandwiches for those days when I have to just get up, eat and get out.   But for the most part I am going to try to make homemade breakfasts, even if it is as simple as this one posted below. 


2 hard cooked eggs , 1/2 cup Fiber One Origianl cereal  w/  1/2 cup Silk Almond Milk
260 calories total!!  :)  (according to Caloriecount.com)

So if I have one thing to get across today.....EAT BREAKFAST everyday!!  It gets your body up and metabolizing and fuels the furnace to burn fat and calories.   :)    
Make is fun, funky, and eat what you like !!  Be creative!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment