Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Vegetarian Lasagna Cups

These were so simple to put together.  I can't wait for the kids to try them for supper.  :)

picture taken before baking!!  :) 

Ingredients I used
24 wonton wrappers
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1/3 cup liquid egg product
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups homemade tomato sauce  (you can use canned or jarred whatever you like)
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach
1 cup of Morningstar farms Soy crumbles
mozzarella cheese about 1 tbsp for each cup. (12)
nutmeg
1 pkt truvia sweetner  (optional)

preheat oven to 350 degrees.
spray a muffin pan, line each cup with a wonton wrapper.
Mix together ricotta, egg product, truvia packet, a dash of nutmeg and parmesan cheese.
Mix together thawed spinach w/ soy crumbles and tomato sauce.
In each cup put a spoonful of cheese mixture then a spoonful of meat/spinach mixture.  Top with another wonton.  Divide evenly the rest of the cheese on top of the wonton and the rest of the sauce mixture on top of the cheese.   Top with shredded mozzarella and bake for about 10 minutes or so or until cheeses are melted and wontons are light brown.

Let them sit a few minutes for cheese to set up, remove from pan and enjoy!!


Edited on 8/29/12.....Just wanted to let everyone know that my kids gobbled these up!!  My son thought he didn't like spinach but boy oh boy did he love these!!!   We had a nice salad with them and it was quite filling!!!!  Please leave a comment for me if you try this or any of the recipes I share on my blog.  I would love to hear how yours came out and if you tweak things in a way I hadn't thought of.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. hehehe so glad you made these :).. they look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete