Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza anyone???


I have been craving Hot Spinach/Artichoke Dip lately.   But, it is so high in fat and calories for a small amount of the Yummy stuff, so I came up with a leaner, lighter twist on my favorite comfort food, and I made it a pizza to add some extra fiber because you can't eat the dip without something to either dip in it or serve it on.  :)   

This makes enough for 4 pizza's!!   I entered the ingredients onto Caloriecount.com and came up with approx 250 cals per pizza!!    (you get to eat a whole pizza, when does that ever happen?  lol)

Here is the recipe

3 garlic cloves minced
1/4 of a small red onion minced
1 10 oz pkg of frozen chopped spinach
1 can small artichoke hearts in water  (do not drain the water)
2 tbsp light sour cream
2 tbsp cream cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (part skim shredded)
4 oz grilled chopped chicken (OPTIONAL) 
4   LaTortilla Factory  Whole wheat 80 calorie tortillas 
Black pepper to taste 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a skillet sprayed w/ canola oil spray, saute onions and garlic till softened.   Add chicken, spinach and artichoke hearts.   Add some of the water and heat till evaporated.   Add the sour cream, cream cheese and stir till combined, then add cheeses and stir to melt.  Remove from heat.  
Place tortillas on baking sheet  (I only made 2 and the rest of the topping I put in a container for another meal)   
Spread 1/4 of the spinach mixture on the tortillas and sprinkle a little black pepper on top and bake for about 8-10 mins or until tortilla is crispy and browned and spinach mix is bubbly and starting to brown.   Cut in 4 pieces and enjoy!!!    

This is one of those things that you can prepare ahead and use as needed for a yummy lunch or great dinner.  

Please let me know if you try any of my recipes and I am always open to feedback.  :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment