Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Going Vegetarian.....

The thought of becoming Vegetarian (who eats eggs, fish and dairy) has been on my mind for a long time now.   I have tried bouts of Vegetarianism to one degree or another, and I have also had a short stint as a Vegan.   I felt great when I ate both ways.   First let me say I don't eat much meat now anymore and neither do my kids and hubby.   So we aren't going to miss out for those of you who are asking.   So for the most part my recipes will now be Vegetarian but you can modify and change out say, soy crumbles for ground beef or ground turkey.   It's all do-able.   :)  

So here goes....since I am not sure what to "label" myself as since I do enjoy cheese, eggs and occasionally fish and shellfish....I am just now a non beef, pork, or fowl eater.  :)   *do eggs count as fowl?*   I guess that is the whole what came first question huh?   LOL

Anyway...I believe that since a cow doesn't have to be slaughtered to give milk (which I don't drink but do enjoy cheeses), and a chicken doesn't have to die to lay an egg that I can still call myself a Vegetarian.  Now the fish do have to die to eat them but I eat it so rarely that I just may give it up as well.   :)   I'll keep you posted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment